FOR PUBLIC NOTICE TO ALL CONCERNED: RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. While the greatest possible care will be executed by the management to protect the patrons of the Winona County Fair, each individual will be held personally responsible for his or her actions and the management will not be held accountable or responsible for any injury.
2. The Winona County Agricultural Association management assumes NO LIABILITY for loss or damage to any property of the exhibitor concessionaire, or patron due to theft, fire, tornado, weather conditions or other causes.
3. Pre-entries by e-mail must be sent by July 8th by 7 pm to:
MAIL to: Winona County Fair
P.O. Box 646
St. Charles, MN 55972
Checks can be made payable to: Winona County Fair
4. Dismissal time for exhibits on Sunday:
4:00 p.m. All Livestock
6:00 p.m. 4-H Exhibits
7:00 p.m. Open Class & Commercial
5. Open Class Livestock competition is open to any Cattle, Sheep, and Swine in Minnesota and adjacent states. Poultry, Pigeons, and Rabbits are open to any resident of Minnesota.
- Early entry fees for Open Class Livestock are available for registration e-mailed or postmarked by July 2nd.
- Open Class Livestock exhibits will be released at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, except trailer class entries which are released following the show.
- 4-H livestock are eligible to be exhibited in Open Class. Early entry by June 25th (postmark date) is encouraged.
6. Open Class Non-Livestock entry day is Monday, July 10th from 12:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and all exhibits must be in place by 6:30 p.m.
- Pre-registration is appreciated.
Exhibitors can e-mail registrations forms by Saturday, July 8th at 7 p.m.
IF REGISTRATIONS ARE E-MAILED after July 8th at 7 p.m., the exhibitor should be prepared to register all exhibits on entry day in the Calico Cow Building.
- All exhibits must be the work of the exhibitor.
- The work must be from the current year.
- The entry must not have been exhibited previously at the Winona County Fair.
- Open Class Non-Livestock exhibits will be released at 7:00 p.m. on Sunday
- Premium Checks will be available on Sunday at 7:00 p.m. for non-livestock entries in the Calico Cow Building.
7. All entries must be the property of the exhibitor or leased by the exhibitor and except in designated classes, must be made, manufactured, raised or leased by the exhibitor within the past 12 months.
8. All exhibitors must register and pay applicable registration fees to exhibit and receive a premium. If an exhibitor does not follow this rule, the exhibit will be disqualified.
9. Purebred papers and ID will be checked by superintendents before animals are shown.
10. Every article or animal exhibited must correspond to a class/lot within the exhibitor handbook and be within its proper lot and classification to qualify for premiums.
11. Not more than 1 entry – except livestock – can be made in the same lot by the same exhibitor, unless specifically noted.
12. No premiums will be paid for any display or exhibit in any department that is taken out before the scheduled release time with the exception of the livestock trailer classes.
13. Each exhibitor must furnish their own bedding and feed for their animals.
14. All animals must be cared for each day by the exhibitor and must be kept in good show condition at all times. Exhibitors must keep the space in the rear of stalls, alleyways and walkways clearat all times. All exhibitors must comply with all sanitary regulations.
15. The Horse Arena is for horses only. It is not to be used an exercise arena for other livestock exhibits.
16. Animal exhibits may only be removed from the fairgrounds under the order of the Official Fair Veterinarian or if entered in a Trailer Class. All animal health regulations as stipulated by the Minnesota Board of Animal Health and the Winona County Agricultural Association will be in effect.
Official Winona County Fair Veterinarian:
Dr. Jerry Berends, St. Charles Vet Clinic (507) 932-4000
1. Premium checks not presented for payment by October 1 of current calendar year will become void and revert to the Fair Association. Premium checks for Non-Livestock Exhibits must be picked up when exhibits are released from the fair.
17. An exhibitor violating any of these rules will forfeit all premiums awarded.
18. No person shall be permitted to distribute advertising matter on the fairgrounds except from his/her place of business or exhibit.
19. Any person or group that conducts a protest action must limit its activity to the location designated by the Winona County Fair Board. The designated location is the horse arena located west of the Cattle Barn. No entrance or exit can be obstructed or limited in any way.
20. NO DOGS are ever allowed on the fairgrounds except service dogs and on Monday, July 10, 2017 the 4-H Dog exhibit animals.